Top 5 Reasons Businesses Benefit From Social Media
Social media has become the fastest-growing media trend. Ever. To reach fifty million customers, radio took thirty eight years. Television took thirteen. The Internet took four. Facebook reached fifty million customers in just five months. There are now more daily Tweets than there are people in the world. Linked In announced it’s 100-millionth member just last week. Professional bloggers are publishing industry-related content with broad readership that far surpasses the reach of traditional newspapers and magazines. It’s a virtual communication revolution and businesses everywhere have caught on. Here’s why:
1. Businesses now communicate with one another online. Employees, colleagues, prospects, clients and vendors all interact with one another via apps like Chatter, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and YouTube. In today’s marketplace, any company – regardless the size – is expected to communicate in this way.
2. Smart businesses recognize the opportunity. For example, an airline passenger tweets his arrival in a city. Within minutes he receive a mobile message from a local transportation service (complete with picture of the vehicle), offering a ride to his hotel or office. Country clubs are getting in on the social media game too, tweeting offers for discounted rounds of golf while professionals are in town. If your business hasn’t yet made the leap, you’re quite simply missing the boat… or shuttle, as it were.
3. Advertising budgets depend on it. Few people watch commercials or flip through ads anymore . In this day and age, to reach prospective customers, businesses need to go where the customers are - on Social media sites. Social Media is not only the marketing wave of the future, it’s already the marketing vehicle of the present.
4. Social media enhances work ethic. Lest you fret over dreaded declines in productivity, studies show that a social media business presence actually reduces the number of e-mails, meetings, and phone calls, while at the same time increasing efficiency, customer service, and communication. Important data and opportunities are right at our fingertips, with up-to-the-minute updates and instant information.
5. Critical to the life and health of your business. Being a technically competent company is not just reserved for technical industries alone. It is certainly no longer considered cutting-edge to be plugged in. Staying regularly connected to social media activity is, quite simply, the new standard.
So ask yourself, is my business waiting to get connected? Has my company been slow to realize the excellent marketing opportunity available in social media? Are we operating within an outdated system with an antiquated business approach? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then isn’t it high time you and your company caught the vision?
BrandXads, Inc. – providing social marketing solutions for today’s marketer.
For more insight from BrandXads, FOLLOW us on Twitter, LIKE us on Facebook , or go to www.brandxads.com.